Thank you Chicago Tonight for introducing me to Emily Graslie of the YouTube channel, Brain Scoop. Emily’s engaging, accessible science videos teach viewers about a wide range of natural science topics, e.g. the difference between horns and antlers:
I think I implicitly knew some of these facts, but now it’s all clear and I can speak with confidence should a lull in dinner party conversation arise.
I love that this smart, creative woman got a job as the Field Museum‘s Curiosity Correspondent. Isn’t that a great job title?
Here’s one where Emily gets a wolf, which she skins in subsequent episodes.
- Meet the Brain Scoop at the Field Museum Friday (voices.suntimes.com)
- The Field Museum, Chicago
- New Platform Subbable Brings Subscriptions To Crowdfunding (turnstylenews.com)
- Vlogbrothers Launch Subbable, The NPR-Pledges-Meets-Kickstarter Funding Platform [Updates] (makeuseof.com)
- Hank Green Is Pissed Off About YouTube’s Constant Changes (tubefilter.com)