- Have You Ever Re-Gifted A Book You’ve Been Given?
Yes, but rarely. I haven’t wrapped it up and presented it as a book for an occasion, but I’ve given books I haven’t gotten to and decided I probably wouldn’t to someone who might like it more.
2. Have you ever said you read a book when you hadn’t?
I think I did in school once or twice for a book report. I do recall reading part of Uncle Tom’s Cabin and expounding on it on a test. I got a great grade for that response.
3. Have you ever borrowed a book and not returned it?
A friend lent me a book and I got part way through it and tried to return it but she said to keep it. I’ve lost library books, but paid for their replacement.
4. Have you ever read a book in a series out of order?
I read The Ladies’ Paradise by Zola before I knew it was part of a “series” called the Rougon-Macquart series. Many people suggest not reading Rougon-Macquart books in the order of publication, but rather in this order.It’s not a straight up chronological series.
5. Have you ever spoiled a book for someone?
No one’s said I did.
6. Have you ever dog-eared a book?
Yesterday, I wanted to mark some pages in Paul Johnson’s Heroes. So often.
7. Have you ever told someone you don’t own a book when you do?
No. I’m not sure why I would unless it’s a non-fiction book assigned for a course. Often you don’t have to read the entire book.
8. Have you ever bad-mouthed a book which you liked?
No. Again I don’t know why I’d lie. I think these questions assess the respondents’ honesty as much as their guilty. 😉