Sepia Saturday Header

This week’s Sepia Saturday prompt shows multiple images of a baby. It’s the sort of wallet sized sheet of photos we’d order at school.

I thought I’d run with multiple births, not quite repetitious, but close in a fascinating way.

How’d you like to be the parent of  twins or triplets? Quadruplets (none shown) or quintuplets?

8681920002_764e8b9779_z

Texas State Archives, “Tom & Cullen,” n.d.

5680140828_e4ba479dd6_z

Nationaal Archief Nederlands, n.d.

14797527251_d19c9f13b7_z

Dunda Museum & Archives, n.d.

9818132443_6ef4508151_z

Apr 16, 2016 @ 06:53:40

My aunt had twins…so had four children under the age of five…told me (laughing) that she happily would have given one back, just to make life easier! She didn’t, of course, and my cousins were fine!

2. smkelly8
    Apr 16, 2016 @ 09:14:10

I babysat for twins and thought it would be fun to have twins. Lots of work, but cool. Of course, if you can afford help that would make a big difference.

Apr 16, 2016 @ 09:39:00

I love the way you’ve woven a “multiple” idea into these photos. Pretty hard to have little ones all crying at once, Just one sometimes was hard at a time!

4. The Coastal Crone
    Apr 16, 2016 @ 13:16:48

I could barely handle one at a time! Clever use of the prompt. I remember the Dionnes.

Apr 16, 2016 @ 16:25:06

The photograph of the mother in bed with her screaming triplets gives me the horrors, but once you get past that initial stage I’m sure it would be lovely. We get great Xmas card photos each year from a family with girl triplets who are now aged about 9.

Apr 16, 2016 @ 17:56:29

I’m a grandma of twins – does that count?

7. Barbara
    Apr 17, 2016 @ 06:03:26

Can you imagine those five little girls on bikes all going off in opposite directions? Which one would you chase after? 🙂

8. Titania
    Apr 17, 2016 @ 15:52:28

The Dionne sisters had such a sad life, they were exploited as circus objects. They did not even get an education.

Apr 18, 2016 @ 12:54:27

Little Yvone Dione is obviously her own person – at least in this picture. Nice post. My brother dated one of identical triplets for a while & was never quite sure he was out on a date with the same girl each time.