Sepia Saturday 316 Header

This week the Sepia Saturday prompt inspires bloggers to find and share photos about filmmakers. I love film and as my New Year’s Resolution is to watch one old film a week, I’ve discovered several favourites.

I’ve discovered that I love films by Harold Lloyd, Buster Keaton and Charlie Chaplin. I especially like the Criterion Collection’s DVD’s with all the extra interviews and background information. Do you have any favourite classic films?

Keaton, Buster (Cameraman, The)_01

Buster Keaton

charlie-chaplin-si-trucca-nel-set-di-the-gold-rush-1924

Chaplin on the Gold Rush set

1harold_frizzyhair

Feb 06, 2016 @ 00:01:02

Unfortunately, I have never liked slap-stick comedy. I don’t know why? I know a lot of people love the oldies – The Three Stooges & etc. I just never did cotton to them. Oh well. My loss.

Liked by 1 person

Feb 06, 2016 @ 12:48:19

I can’t stand the Three Stooges. At all. I think it’s because Chaplin’s films have a message and meaning and can be thoughtfully touching like when the blind girl believes the tramp is a millionaire in City Lights, that I’m won over.

2. hmchargue
    Feb 06, 2016 @ 10:55:57

I do enjoy the extras you get with the DVD’s.

Feb 06, 2016 @ 13:13:00

I’ll have to check out that source. Physical comedy was so important before there was any dialog in movies. Who was that last shot of, anyway? I can’t recognize him.

4. Sharon
    Feb 06, 2016 @ 21:58:03

What a great resolution! I cannot remember the last time that I just sat and watched a movie! I always have my laptop on my knee so am not really paying attention when my husband is watching a movie!

Feb 07, 2016 @ 05:02:30

I do admire the technical side of old movies and Chaplin was a master.

6. boobook48
    Feb 08, 2016 @ 05:54:41

The photo of Buster is interesting. He looks quite fragile.

Feb 09, 2016 @ 19:41:36

Harold Lloyd is my all time favorite and I still enjoy watching his films. Years ago I bought several sets VCR tapes of Chaplin and Lloyd movies to entertain my son when he was very young. He’s now 27 and I know they helped him develop a better sense of humor and social culture. Much better than the contemporary junk on commercial television.