Sepia Saturday – Halloween

Sepia Saturday Header

Sepia Saturday Header

This week Sepia Saturday takes us on a nostalgic Hallowe’en journey. I love the old greeting cards and wish our Halloween cards were as charming.

Which do you like best?

4056410952_36aa169050_o

4055670403_2d06b92e95_o

4056411660_86ab45ff61_o

4056411550_263d343f72_o

4055670275_15ddf44b65_o

1. Wendy
    Oct 30, 2015 @ 20:09:53

It’s a toss up. I like the first two best.

Oct 31, 2015 @ 04:15:04

I really like the last one. Do people actually send Halloween cards these days?

3. boundforoz
    Oct 31, 2015 @ 06:48:39

I haven’t had a look but I’d guess the e-cards would do some business now for Halloween as well as the traditional cards.

Oct 31, 2015 @ 09:07:31

My vote is for the cow with pumpkins on her horns…

5. Jackie
    Oct 31, 2015 @ 09:17:47

The second one!!

Oct 31, 2015 @ 10:32:43

That first one doesn’t work – I tried it 🙂

7. Kathy
    Oct 31, 2015 @ 10:39:34

The third one references seeing your love on Halloween – similar to the poem in the prompt. I guess it was a superstition we have lost over time. I hadn’t heard of it until reading several posts today.

8. anyjazz
    Oct 31, 2015 @ 11:04:02

Driving a team of owls! That’s rich!

Oct 31, 2015 @ 15:38:17

I like the one with the pumpkin seed verse. Some of the others are more attractive, but not so interesting.

Oct 31, 2015 @ 17:11:53

Well those were fun! 🙂

11. boobook48
    Nov 01, 2015 @ 02:37:32

I wonder how the whole pumpkin thing started. Pumpkin seeds planted in a cross? What next:)

Nov 01, 2015 @ 22:14:59

Not that scary but charming for their old fashioned emphasis on trick. I wonder if school children liked to exchange these. My grandmother had a collection of similar greeting cards for Easter, St. Patrick’s Day, and Flag Day that she got in grade school in around 1915.