2015.05W-16

This weeks prompt inspired me to search for photos on dancing or dances, as in the sort where men in suits tripped the light fantastic with women in gowns. Flickr Commons came through with photos of graceful couples. Such grace and style.

Source: Library of Congress

Source: Library of Congress

Source: National Library of Australia

Source: National Library of Australia

Source: Library of Congress

Source: Library of Congress

1. gluepot
    May 23, 2015 @ 18:09:47

Graceful couples indeed, thanks for sharing the images.

2. luvviealex
    May 23, 2015 @ 18:57:23

Aren’t those gowns glorious?

May 23, 2015 @ 19:00:46

Lovely gowns, but my favorite photo is the second with the girls smiling so broadly at the servicemen.

May 23, 2015 @ 20:38:29

There is an elegance to ballroom dancing that is like classical music and follows a form rather than being improvised like jazz. It makes for timeless photos.

5. ScotSue
    May 24, 2015 @ 05:34:49

A lovely selection of photographs on the theme. The first one is almost balletic in style with the graceful foot and arm poses. I just had to smile at the second image – the girls are so obviously smitten at the attention of the men – nothing like a man in uniform!

Susan at Family History Fun

6. Karen S.
    May 24, 2015 @ 09:44:21

I hear a Ta Da! Lovely dancers, great photos of them all.

May 24, 2015 @ 15:46:49

Thanks for finding these images, they truly are on theme! Sorry I don’t comment often here because I have to fill in my email, my name and my website to share with you…a bit of trouble when I only have a few words to say.

8. hmchargue
    May 25, 2015 @ 09:15:47

Beautiful couples, beautiful clothing.

May 25, 2015 @ 17:57:05

Beautiful gowns; just for once I wish they were in colour!