2015.04W.32

Ready to go!

Ready to go!

I like the intent look of some of these cyclists.

Running ain't always easy or fun

Running ain’t always easy or fun

I’m sure when I run it looks very much like this. The only difference would be that I have modern athletic wear. That’s why I refrain. I don’t call it fun and never have.

Team spirit: NY women's baseball team

Team spirit: NY women’s baseball team

A women’s baseball team from the WWII era.

1. Colline
    May 01, 2015 @ 04:30:58

I like the one of the cyclists too.

May 01, 2015 @ 13:29:53

All great pictures. Loved the baseball team in middies & bloomers!

May 02, 2015 @ 04:07:29

That’s a great old starting line shot. I doubt those ladies would have been very speedy on the track.

4. hmchargue
    May 02, 2015 @ 11:01:09

I love the photo of the cyclists!!!

5. gluepot
    May 02, 2015 @ 23:35:52

I rather like that photo of the cyclists, and have seen several from that era with similar poses.

6. alanburnett1
    May 03, 2015 @ 03:19:49

What wonderful photographs – sepia images at their very best.

7. Joan
    May 04, 2015 @ 13:27:42

three great photos — portraying the era of each — serious, but also brings forth a giggle or two. Good job and the wry writing is good too.

May 04, 2015 @ 22:24:18

The cyclists are worried that their assistants might let go, and I like the movement captured with the sprinters. But that ball team looks tough. I bet some chew tobacco and spit as good as any man.

9. Tattered and Lost
    May 06, 2015 @ 14:27:39

I have the realization, as I continue to wait on my broken ankle to heal, that I will probably never be able to run again. In my mind I still can, but I have to keep it as a reminder when in a crosswalk that if I need to go faster the old pegs are probably going to let me down. Literally.