2015.01W-63

This week’s Sepia Saturday prompt featured buses and transportation as a theme. If you think about it, it’s amazing all the various conveyances used to help us get around. Here’s a few I found on Flickr Commons.

4669580487_8a3d7a9b9d_z

Washington State, woman driver, no date

Traffic, London 1927, London Transport Museum

Traffic, London 1927, London Transport Museum

from Florida Memory, 1922

from Florida Memory, 1922

Feb 20, 2015 @ 20:31:49

The woman driver has quite a distinctive seat.

2. Christy Birmingham
    Feb 20, 2015 @ 21:11:08

Throwback! 🙂

3. lulubelleliz
    Feb 21, 2015 @ 04:17:30

Love the Florida bus. Very cute.

4. chava61
    Feb 21, 2015 @ 05:29:52

I especially like the female bus driver!

Feb 21, 2015 @ 08:29:54

Coral Gables was started earlier than I thought. When we were enlisted for a sales tour we got to ride a small airplane in 63!

Feb 21, 2015 @ 08:35:30

A wicker seat! Nifty!

7. Colleen
    Feb 21, 2015 @ 10:34:27

Love the two story buses. fun!

Feb 21, 2015 @ 14:16:04

Some neat pictures here. I’ve ridden on the top of a 2-story bus. Unfortunately, not in London. Only in an amusement park. But it was still interesting & fun. In my younger days I could do most of the thrill rides; but by my mid 20s, I could no longer go on roller coaster or spinning type rides. So double-decker buses & merry-go-rounds, antique or futuristic trains, submarines that didn’t really go all the way under water & etc., & the shoppes & shows became my fun things to do while my husband took the kids on all the scary stuff.

Feb 22, 2015 @ 16:24:14

I can’t tolerate the spinning rides either, but a double-decker bus is fun. Even without the spinning rides most amusement parks have plant to amuse.

9. boundforoz
    Feb 21, 2015 @ 16:03:57

I hadn’t realized that London got into the double-deckers quite so early. Interesting.

10. Lorraine
    Feb 22, 2015 @ 03:55:35

Why on earth would they install a wicker seat? Surely it wouldn’t last very long.

11. Sharon
    Feb 22, 2015 @ 04:27:28

That second photo is wonderful!

12. Antonio
    Mar 04, 2015 @ 01:39:55

Very good blog post. I certainly appreciate this site.
    Keep it up!