sepia2015

This week’s prompt image looks so freakish. I’m kind of put off by it and wasn’t sure about participating.I know I can be oversensitive. Does anyone else think the image is freaky?

What do you think of this?

What do you think of this?

Now very politically incorrect

Now very politically incorrect

Fraud? I think so.

Fraud? I think so.

I did go to Flickr Commons and found some Sideshow or Freak Show images, for what they’re worth.  Next week the theme is lawyers or courts, which is not so creepy, as far as looks go.

Jan 09, 2015 @ 18:39:01

The poor fellow in the prompt picture does look a bit odd. I do wonder, though, if he might have shaved if he’d wanted to – or could? Some folks with oddities prefer to achieve fame because of them. My saddest feelings are reserved for those who can do nothing about their anomalies & are either pushed or coerced into exploiting themselves because of them. Ruth the Acrobat is a drawing, but I have to wonder what she really looks like in person?

2. Sharon
    Jan 10, 2015 @ 05:27:15

28 inches!!!!! No way!!!!

3. coastalcrone
    Jan 10, 2015 @ 09:54:17

Freaky indeed! I remember seeing some sort of freaky man that came to town with the circus and often wonder what he really was.

Jan 10, 2015 @ 10:23:39

Some of the “freaks” made a good living exhibiting themselves and probably had a better life than if they had been hidden away.

5. Karen S.
    Jan 10, 2015 @ 12:43:18

They sure had to have enjoyed the life they led! Interesting post, thank you!

Jan 11, 2015 @ 13:51:11

Glad to see Ruth could still smile!