2014.09W.06

I’m early this week since I’ll be traveling and won’t have my laptop with me.

This week’s prompt features the “little guy” in a Norman Rockwell illustration. It called to mind the consummate little guy, Charlie Chaplin’s tramp. I just watched Modern Times for the first time as part of my New Year’s Resolution to watch one old movie a week. It’s the first time I’ve kept a resolution this far into the year. So I’m sharing some images from Modern Times.

Screen Shot 2014-10-02 at 3.51.50 PM

Screen Shot 2014-10-02 at 3.49.34 PM

Screen Shot 2014-10-02 at 3.51.06 PM

Screen Shot 2014-10-02 at 3.51.21 PM

Oct 02, 2014 @ 07:49:42

I like your resolution. I know I couldn’t keep that one, but it wouldn’t be too hard for me to watch more old movies.

Oct 02, 2014 @ 11:06:57

Nice choice of focus. Charlie Chaplin’s movies are classics, of course, & he, a genius at what he did. Beyond the funny little moustache, deliberately bushed eyebrows, & bowler hat, however, he was quite the handsome debonair fellow as well.

Oct 02, 2014 @ 15:06:03

I’ve seen that picture of him and the gears many times. Maybe I’ll look for the whole movie.

4. Bob Scotney
    Oct 03, 2014 @ 12:58:09

It must be years since I watched a Chaplin film. Time to repeat the execise.

5. boundforoz
    Oct 04, 2014 @ 06:22:32

A good choice to interpret this week’s Sepia Saturday picture.

6. Lorraine
    Oct 04, 2014 @ 08:49:15

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Chaplin film, only snippets.

Oct 04, 2014 @ 11:26:58

Have you ever seen photos of Charlie Chaplin look-alike contests? Whole bunches of men looking exactly like him…very funny!

8. Helen McHargue
    Oct 04, 2014 @ 12:30:32

A good idea for this year’s Halloween costume. I love his films.

9. luvviealex
    Oct 04, 2014 @ 23:20:13

Great response to the prompt. Laurel and Hardy managed to find their way into mine.

10. ScotSue
    Oct 05, 2014 @ 06:34:05

What a good choice for a New Year resolution and a different “take” on this week’s photo prompt.

Oct 05, 2014 @ 10:17:44

This is the one Chaplin film I own as a download. Classic.

Oct 05, 2014 @ 19:51:04

What a great resolution, and an interesting take on this week’s prompt too.