I got to go to Beijing with two friends and since then I’ve been playing catch up with my classes. I did want to share some photos of some spirited dances we happened on in Beihai Park. They’re dressed in Uighyr traditional attire. The Uyghurs live in Xinjiang, western China. They’ve been in the news quite a bit lately.
Their dancing was joyful. Such a pleasant surprise. China offers great serendipity.
- Terrorism or cry of desperation? (edition.cnn.com)
- China paper blames blind faith of “uncultured” youth for Xinjiang unrest – Reuters (reuters.com)
- Chinese dancers do Bharatnatyam at state dinner in Beijing (firstpost.com)
- China’s Military Chief in Xinjiang Dismissed Following Tiananmen Incident (voanews.com)
- China’s Xinjiang problem (globalpublicsquare.blogs.cnn.com)
- CHINA – Police: Uyghur suspects behind Tiananmen accident (asianews.it)