Ah, since leaving Macau, and maybe since leaving Phnom Penh, life’s been one hassle after another. In short, I lost a brand new digital SRL camera on a plane, had my visa rejected in Hong Kong and faced a lot of hassle and expense fixing that so I could get back into China before school starts on Monday.
I was forced to go to Shenzhen, a horrid, dirty, dismal city to get a flight to Jinan. I’m completely “shindoi” which is Japanese Kansai dialect for “tired, body and soul.” Now I’m back in Jinan, but busy preparing for Monday and helping the new teachers settle in. Believe it or not all of them had flight delays due to the high level of pollution. In fact, the airlines had four of them just take the train here.
You know something’s wrong if the airlines want you to take a train.
I’ll provide details tomorrow or the next day.
- Fingers Crssed. (smkelly8.com)
- Cambodia – Phnom Penh, Cambodia (travelpod.com)
- Deos Gratias (conjecturesguilty.wordpress.com)
- Foto Friday: Royal Palace in Phnom Penh, Cambodia (cotihowelltraveler.wordpress.com)
- The last Hong Kong baby powder supper (wantchinatimes.com)