I usually don’t do the Daily Post Prompts, but this one appealed to me. Yesterday the prompt asked bloggers to share quotations that spoke to them.
The quotation that is foremost in my mind, that I use whenever prompted to add a quote to a profile is Daniel Burnham‘s “Make no little plans, they have no power to stir men’s blood.” I choose to cast aside the possible sexism figuring that Burnham was a product of the 19th century and to uplifted by the exhortation to think and act big, to imagine and shoot for the crazy, the different, and go beyond the ordinary. To think different, as Apple suggests.
From the Bible, I also really like Micah 6:8:
He has shown you, O mortal, what is good.
And what does the Lord require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly[a] with your God.
I think this encapsulates a lot, not all, that we’re asked to do in life.
How ’bout you? What quotes inspire you the most?
- Daily Prompt: Quote Me (Daily Prompt)
- Daily Prompt~ Quote Me (coolone160.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Quote Me (freepennypress.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Quote Me (jdcgzm.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt~ Quote Me (thecheekydiva.com)
- Daily Prompt: Quote Me (musicalfoodielove.wordpress.com)