Take me out to the ball park, take me out to the game . . .
For many baseball is a centerpiece of summer. Even those who aren’t fans like myself, don’t mind an afternoon or night at the ballpark.
Baseball not only entertains today, but offers a slice of nostalgia. Here’s some I found on the Library of Congress‘ Flickr page.
Rube Aldring played in Philadelphia and New York.
George Sisler played for St. Louis and was called “Gorgeous George” and “Gentleman George.”
- Sepia Saturday (smkelly8.com)
- Sepia Saturday (Who Were They?)
- Sepia Saturday (Daily Lily)
- Sepia Saturday (Photo-Sleuth)
- Sepia Saturday (Hanging on My Word)