I discovered this word on Smugopedia.com, a website that can help you sound pretentious. Occasionally, you’ll find yourself in a social situation where you need to get mischievous or scream. If screaming’s out, Smugopedia.com no doubt has a tidbit you can throw into the conversation so you at least amuse yourself. Here are a few:
- Everyone goes to the French Riviera. The Italian Riviera is just as lovely, and so much more exclusive. Emmy
- Although Pavarotti was clearly very talented, his fame was inflated by the London and Decca marketing machines. Domingo or even Corelli were obviously his equal.
- Wikipedia tends to be strong on the subjects that don’t matter.
- The problem with Malcolm Gladwell is that he writes too well: when you read him, you don’t know if you’re agreeing with his controversial ideas because he’s right, or because he’s enchanted you.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Contrast (smkelly8.wordpress.com)
- Miniature Wargaming? That’s so 1913! (comicbooked.com)
- Italy Cinque Terre: The Villages above the Clouds (leggotunglei808.wordpress.com)
- Xiangqi, Chinese Chess (legendofthetenguprince.wordpress.com)