Several folks in this neighborhood spend a few months in Florida. Several own condos there. Most of these people live here most months and it seems like it’s more than six.
Florida could be a close race. What they’re doing is legal, but I don’t like gaming the system and I hate how these folks can be sanctimonious about their view of the Right Way to Be American. I doubt Democrats are doing the same, but wonder.
It really isn’t right when it comes to more local races. If I were a Floridian who lived in the state 12 months a year, I wouldn’t want carpet baggers electing judges and state representatives and such. Will these folks just vote for the national offices? If so they’re hurting the local races in Illinois.
- Enough With the Chicago-Bashing (thedailybeast.com)
- Welcome to Fla, Mr. President. Good luck winning those 29 electoral votes (tampabay.com)
- A victory for Republicans, Florida wins use of federal database to purge voters – Christian Science Monitor (csmonitor.com)
- AP NewsBreak: Feds OK Fla. access to citizens list (miamiherald.com)
- Voter purge win for GOP could tip White House race – Newsday (newsday.com)
- U.S. to Let Florida Use Homeland Security Data for Voter Check (nytimes.com)