19 May 2013 Leave a Comment
01 Nov 2012 4 Comments
Don’t worry it’s satire. Though most Democrats can tell. We’re bright like that.
I laughed out loud. I hope I’m still able to laugh next Wednesday.
31 Oct 2012 1 Comment
It’s directed and devised by Armando Iannucci, who created VEEP and In the Loop. It’s a smart send up of the finagling and incompetence that rears its ugly head daily in the Ministry of Social Affairs.
Strong adult language and deft, sophisticated barbs so beware.
- Armando Iannucci Talks THE THICK OF IT, the Hulu Arrangement, and VEEP Season 2 (collider.com)
- More British TV to Watch: Fresh Meat (esquire.com)
- Armando Iannucci slams American ‘buffoons’ for remake of Thick Of It (telegraph.co.uk)
- Hulu Sets Streaming Start For New Season Of Armando Iannucci’s ‘The Thick Of It’ (deadline.com)
- The Thick of It leaves the BBC2 audience wanting more (guardian.co.uk)
- Armando Iannucci slams ‘buffoons’ who worked on US pilot of his hit political satire (thesun.co.uk)
- Veep (smkelly8.com)
- Media Talk podcast: Armando Iannucci special (guardian.co.uk)
- Armando Iannucci to pilot ‘social media satire’ for HBO (digitalspy.co.uk)
29 Mar 2012 1 Comment
I discovered this word on Smugopedia.com, a website that can help you sound pretentious. Occasionally, you’ll find yourself in a social situation where you need to get mischievous or scream. If screaming’s out, Smugopedia.com no doubt has a tidbit you can throw into the conversation so you at least amuse yourself. Here are a few:
- Everyone goes to the French Riviera. The Italian Riviera is just as lovely, and so much more exclusive. Emmy
- Although Pavarotti was clearly very talented, his fame was inflated by the London and Decca marketing machines. Domingo or even Corelli were obviously his equal.
- Wikipedia tends to be strong on the subjects that don’t matter.
- The problem with Malcolm Gladwell is that he writes too well: when you read him, you don’t know if you’re agreeing with his controversial ideas because he’s right, or because he’s enchanted you.
25 Jan 2012 Leave a Comment
Jon’s at his best as he clearly shows how unjust our tax code is. Yes, Mitt followed the law. That’s not something all that impressive. In fact, isn’t that the minimum we ask from people? What’s more it’s enlightening to see that Mitt influenced and helped design this tax law.
I still wish WordPress could better include a Jon Stewart video.
18 Aug 2011 1 Comment
I’m so tired of certain politicians saying that our government should pay our bills on time and get out of debt because that’s what families do. Actually, most American families carry a lot of debt and pay bills off late.
Besides what family has to maintain relationships with every other country in the world (as long as they aren’t in the so-called access of evil), print and coin money, maintain an army, navy, and air force, like it or not? It’s such an idiotic comparison.
Tonight Jon Stewart had a great piece on Class Warfare.
God help us if Rick Perry gets the Republican nomination. I lived in Texas during his reign and wrote him a few letters regarding policy. His replies were so smug and showed he didn’t understand my letters.
I’ve grown so tired of bad generalizations and faulty reasoning, while I know we’re in for another 15 months of such rhetoric.
- WATCH: Jon Stewart Accuses Media Of Ignoring Ron Paul (huffingtonpost.com)
14 Jul 2011 Leave a Comment
Comedy Repression Therapy. Wow. Jon Stewary AND Jerry Seinfeld.
02 Jul 2011 Leave a Comment
In Web Therapy Lisa Kudrow plays a psychologist, who could use a few sessions herself. Kudrow’s character Fiona Wallis provides 3 minute sessions because in a 50 minutes session there’s so much time wasted on dreams, feelings, past experiences, and what not that don’t add up to much in her book.
I love the dry humor.
Old Flame Part 1
Old Flame Part 2
Old Flame Part 3