Chicago Tonight has run a terrific story on Vivian Maier this week. Maier was a nanny all her life and lived a quiet life. It wasn’t till a man bought a large box of her photo negatives at a garage sale did anyone realize that Maier was probably the best street photographer of her era in Chicago.
Her black and white photos show drama, emotion, and beauty. I love that she lived her life in anonymity. Most of the 100,000 photos she took were never printed.
- Beautiful Short Film Sheds Light on Life and Work of Vivian Maier (petapixel.com)
- The Women Photographers of This Fall and Winter (slog.thestranger.com)
- Vivian Maier Book Is Published (theonlinephotographer.typepad.com)
- Vivan Maier (carrpartyoffive.wordpress.com)
- The Art We Leave Behind (truthandcake.com)
- Vivian Maier’s turn on the Circle (jpgphotography.typepad.com)