Where has the summer gone? Already it’s time to choose the Next Food Network star. I haven’t watched from week one, but I have watched for a lot of the time. I like this “reality” show as the challenges are authentic, the show is testing the contestants ability to perform and cook.
Now we’re down to four contestants and I’ll share my preferences. We’ve got Michele on Bobby Flay‘s team, Yvan on Giada’s team and Justin and Martie on Alton’s team. is too tattooed and her food is too concentrated on seafood for me. I do like Yvan and would be happy to watch him week after week. He’s sweet and I’d make the dish he did on his pilot. I know my nieces and nephews would enjoy the sweet corn macaroni and cheese he made. Justin is interesting and while I’d go to his New York restaurant Do or Die if I lived in New York, I wouldn’t make his edgy, mad scientist food. Southerner Martie is so down to earth and real. I do think I’d make her dishes and I would watch her. Though the Food Network has Paula Deen and now her son with their shows, I’m tired of the Deen’s. I always thought a week of Paula’s food would make your cholesterol and blood pressure skyrocket, while your midsection exploded. So I’d say Martie offers something new. Yet I think she’s a dark horse.
To sum up, I’m rooting for Yvan and Martie, but my guess is Justin will win. I’ve seen the polls on the website and he ranks highest.
- Yvan Lemoine: ‘Food Network Star’ season eight finalist biography (examiner.com)
- The 10 Top Earning Chefs (huffingtonpost.com)
- Why Food Network Star changes gave us reality TV’s best makeover ever (realityblurred.com)
- How ‘Food Network Star’ Whipped A Hashtag Into a Giada Bump (forbes.com)
- Paula Deen Sheds 30 Pounds (seattlepi.com)
- ‘Food Network Star’ Season 8 Premiere: New and Impossible Beginnings (buddytv.com)
- ‘Food Network Star’ Review: Ranking the 12 Finalists (buddytv.com)
- Authentic Branding And The Making Of A Rebellious Food Network Star (fastcompany.com)
- Food Network’s Michelle Ragussis brings energy to The Pearl Restaurant in Rockland (bangordailynews.com)
- Bobby Flay on ‘Food Network Star,’ dining in Boston (boston.com)
- ‘Food Network Star’ Predictions: Who Will Win Season 8? (buddytv.com)
- ‘Food Network Star’ Recap: The Press-ure Is On (buddytv.com)