The prompt this week got me to dig through some old family photos. I really liked the one below though I’m not sure who it is.

I know it’s a baby from my father’s side of the family and my grandfather’s generation. He was born in 189? and had 7 siblings. This baby looks pretty feminine but in those days boys could have been dressed like this.

A Kelly, but who?

About these ads

1. coastalcrone
    Jul 14, 2012 @ 16:08:36

Beautiful baby! I love the old photos.

2. Jana Last
    Jul 14, 2012 @ 16:29:04

What a darling baby!

3. Wendy
    Jul 14, 2012 @ 17:11:46

That hair-do seems more boyish to me since I’ve seen photos of grown men with the same look. But that off-the-shoulder gown is unlike anything I’ve seen. Something!

4. Queen Bee
    Jul 14, 2012 @ 20:38:20

What a beautiful baby – such an angelic face. Unusual dress too.

Jul 15, 2012 @ 08:06:08

The baby looks very happy. That does look like a boyish hairstyle.

6. Jo
    Jul 15, 2012 @ 08:15:00

He looks like a very happy little chap – and his dress is something else!

Jul 15, 2012 @ 08:19:53

That is one very happy baby!

8. Bob Scotney
    Jul 15, 2012 @ 09:54:52

Gorgeous child with that off the shoulder gown.

Jul 15, 2012 @ 12:10:05

Talking with my mother she thinks it’s a boy. She doesn’t know who. We wonder if it is my grandfather’s family as they didn’t have that much money.

9. Colleen