Here’s my first post for the Sepia Saturday collection. I do love history and if you’ve been to my blog much this spring, you know that I’ve gotten hooked on the 1893 World’s Fair so it makes sense that I’ve chosen the first Ferris Wheel as my contribution. If you’ve read Erik Larson‘s The Devil in the White City, you know all about the creation of the Ferris wheel.
Ferris wheel’s and enjoying heights through a variety of means have become commonplace. Imagine what such a ride was like the first time ever.
I just discovered this meme today. Next time I’ll post my take on Saturday.
- Art from the 1893 World’s Fair (smkelly8.wordpress.com)
- 1893 World’s Fair (nofixedplans5.wordpress.com)
- Here: Chicago 1893 (hereandthere5.wordpress.com)
- The Devil in the White City (xingu2.wordpress.com)
- Ferris Wheels and Fireworks (mindfullofopinion.wordpress.com)
- Seattle’s Forthcoming Waterfront Ferris Wheel (slog.thestranger.com)