They’re putting the finishing touches on a community downtown that’ll have apartments, shops, restaurants and cafes. What I like best is the style. Rather than the standard high rise these three and four story buildings have the charm of days gone by. The lamps and landscaping complete the pictures. Yet ambiance comes at a price. I’m guessing these won’t be cheap.
I’d love to see some tea houses, art shops and galleries, stationery stores as well as clothing shops. It seems China’s already got so many shops. Is this another aspect of the bubble? I’d rather live in this neighborhood than in the high rises I saw yesterday.
- Jinan Central Hospital (nofixedplans5.wordpress.com)
- January Theme Day (jinancitydailyphoto.wordpress.com)
- For that Special Holiday Party (jinancitydailyphoto.wordpress.com)
- Ole (smkelly8.wordpress.com)
- Despite precautions, more suicides at Foxconn (fauxphilnews.wordpress.com)
- Wandering around the Tea Market (smkelly8.wordpress.com)
- The World of China, an online magazine on Chinese culture
- Home is where the heart is (thehimalayantimes.com)