I have two new offers to consider. What to do? One gets me back to China, but in a different region, a colder one. The money is good for China. Those last two words are key. I’d like money that’s good for anywhere.
The other offer if acceptance to a top graduate program in library science. I think I’d love the work, especially if I could land a job in an interesting niche. If I can get an assistantship which would cover tuition and offer a stipend, I would choose that route. But I’m waiting to hear about the assistantship.
China wants a decision soon. So does the grad school. Both have pros and cons. Also, I’m waiting to hear about applications I made to other opportunities that can also be good. Now my chief advice comes from proverbs — “A bird in the hand . . . ” or “Good things come to those who wait.” Neither offer a clear cut answer.
At least I’ve got options, better ones than working in a mind-numbing job in Gangnae, South Korea.